- Classical myth and bible allusion in African-American literatureThe use of classical myth and bible allusion in the Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, an American slave, written by himself and The Souls of Black Folk
- Henry Higgins and sociolinguisticsIs Henry Higgins (of Pygmalion and My Fair Lady fame) a good example of a sociolinguist? Explain your answer by considering what the main aims and methods of sociolinguistics are and comparing them to Henry Higgins’ statements in the play or films.
- Is language exclusively a human attribute?What does the language experiment with Nim Chimpsky prove about Chomsky’s claim that language is exclusively a human attribute?
- Is the gothic ultimately a radical or conservative genre?[T]he gothic appears to be a transgressive rebellion against norms which yet ends up reinstating them, an eruption of unlicensed desire that is fully controlled by governing systems of limitation. It delights in rebellion, while finally punishing it, often with death or damnation, and the reaffirmation of a system of moral and social order
- Music as cultural resistanceCultural resistance in the albums What’s Going On and To Pimp a Butterfly
#InPoverty: A harrowing look at the struggles LGBT+ refugees face
Norwegian Church Arts Centre in Cardiff Bay faces privatisation
Under the Counter Culture immersive art installation opens its doors
Penylan litter pickers lead the way in cleaning up Cardiff
Voxpop: What do you think about the rise of veganism?
Motorcycle group celebrates one-year anniversary
Farmers, Vegans, Unite! Working together for the planet
Welsh language start up wins Women in Business award
Welsh sportswear brand nominated for Amazon Business Award
Thousands of students are plagiarising their personal statements with these sentences
Here are the top 20 Cardiff Confessions of 2019 so far
Cardiff students told us their most tragic sex stories
Cardiff University named as one of the top LGBT+ employers in the UK
Breaking news: Heavy police presence on Woodville Road
Pen Y Fan has been closed to the public ‘until further notice’
Naked wrestling and 1,000 pint challenges: Inside Cardiff Uni Rugby socials
Losing your hearing, creepy guys and everything else you will learn as a female bartender